[Mailman-Users] how to block / discard automatically a specificemail from email ID

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Aug 3 18:02:54 CEST 2010

Balaji Ramanathan wrote:
>I am running 2.0.5 version.

2.0.5? Really?

>I am getting spammed from a specific member email ID. I have removed
>(unsubscribed) that email ID from member list. However I get spam emails
>from that same ID (hotmail). It comes to me for approval.
>How can I automatically discard from that email ID alone and stop email
>notices from mailman to me?

If you mean 2.1.5, there are several ways to do this. Probably the
easiest is Privacy options... -> Sender filters ->

If you really mean 2.0.5, I don't think there's a way to reject/discard
as opposed to hold posts from a specific address.

Note that 2.0.5 is over 9 years old. 2.1.5 is over 6 years old. The
current release is 2.1.13 with 2.1.14 due in September.