[Mailman-Users] HELP of sorts

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Aug 6 06:48:25 CEST 2010

Dave Foran wrote:

>I ported all the data from /var/lib/mailman/   from the old, to the new
>system and it is working well to a point
>
>I tried to create a new list from the mailman/admin page and I get an error
>I am not authorized to create lists

Either you did not port data/adm.pw and/or data/creator.pw or possibly
(or likely if the old system was pre 2.1.5) these are in a different
location.

Run bin/mmsitepass to set a new site and/or list creator password.

>The only issue I see is I have 2 mailman site lists. One that was ported
>over and one that got created when mailman starting running on teh new
>system

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/KYCB> for help in determining
where to move things to in the new installation. If you had two site
lists, one of them (probably the ported one) was in the wrong place.