[Mailman-Users] Mailman and htdig - issues after installing htdig

Karl Zander kwz-mm at commpartners.com
Sat Aug 21 01:05:41 CEST 2010

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:54:21 -0700
 Scott Race <scott at 916networks.com> wrote:
>Yes, I have:
>
>db.docdb
>db.docs.index
>db.excerpts
>db.metaphone.db
>db.soundex.db
>db.words.db
>db.words.db_weacmpr
>mailman_project.conf
>rundig_last_run (date stamped today at 10:46am when I ran the cron script)
>
>Running htsearch from command line gives me:
>
>[root at list bin]# htsearch -c /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/mailman_project/htdig/mailman_project.conf
>Enter value for words: test
>
>Enter value for format: short
>[root at lists2 bin]#

Do you have a message in the archives with the word "test"?  That's pretty generic.  I am trying to recall if htdig would omit that.

Can you send a message to the list with some unique content?  Even Lorem Ipsum would do.  May some quotes for Shakespeare.  Rerun the cron script.

Do you see the search form on your list archives when you log into your list URL?

--Karl