[Mailman-Users] Trying again from the start -- Re: Help in understandingMailman setup

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Dec 6 20:34:53 CET 2010

I did an yum erase mailman, then install mailman.  Made sure that the
virtual host was defined in postfix.  Emptied out the
/etc/mailman/aliases and ran the script again to make the mailman list
and this time I got the virtual-mailman file.

But still no web interface.  See below.

On 12/06/2010 11:28 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>

>> Also I am not getting the URL
>> http://mailman.htt-consult.com/mailman to work.  I **THINK** I have
>> properly merged the Amahi template with the mailman.conf files in
>> /etc/httpd/conf.d/  But either I still have it wrong, or the lack of the
>> virtual-mailman files is impacting this as well.
>>

> This is strictly a web server configuration issue. it has nothing to do
> with virtual-mailman which affects only Postfix.

Pulling out my hair on this one.

I copied the content of /etc/http/conf.d/mailman.conf into the
<VirtualHost *:80> </VirtualHost> block in
/etc/http/conf.d/1004-mailman.conf and renamed mailman.conf.  All my
other virtual host URLs are working.  Not this one.  And I had THIS
working with no trouble on my pervious build attempt.  I **THINK** I
created the .conf right, and I don't THINK I did anything else to get it
working!  ARGH!!!

No error messages.  It just waits a while, and then goes to the site's
main URL instead of the virtual host.