[Mailman-Users] Trying again from the start -- Re: Help inunderstandingMailmansetup

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Dec 6 22:23:46 CET 2010

On 12/06/2010 03:48 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Mark Sapiro wrote:
>

>> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>
>>> <VirtualHost *:80>
>>>
>>>     ServerName mailman
>>>

> Same caveat as below, but I also think this should be
>
>      ServerName mailman.htt-consult.com
>

>>> #
>>> #  httpd configuration settings for use with mailman.
>>> #
>>>
>>> ScriptAlias mailman.htt-consult.com/mailman/ /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
>>>

>> I am not an expert on named virtual hosts, but I think the above should
>> be
>>
>> ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/

What I just tried is:

ServerName mailman
ServerAlias mailman.htt-consult.com
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
RedirectMatch ^/mailman[/]*$ http://mailman.htt-consult.com/mailman/listinfo

And now I get:

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.12

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

And it tells me to look in the Mailman error logs.  I see errors in the
/var/hda/web-apps/mailman/logs/error_log.  I will have to move it over
to this system via a USB drive...

So progress!