[Mailman-Users] Footer shows up as attachment

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Dec 8 18:38:16 CET 2010

Schwartz, Robert - IS wrote:

>It is set to yes.  I'll try submitting the message as plain text.

>See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/84A9>.
>To accomplish this with content filtering, you also need to set "Should
>Mailman collapse multipart/alternative to its first part content?" to
>Yes, and even that may not work with all posts depending on their
>original MIME structure.

Posting plain text only will work, but if this is a discussion list,
you can't control what others post. You may need to remove all HTML
rather than converting it by putting something like

in pass_mime_types (i.e., no text/html), and setting an appropriate
filter_action to handle HTML only posts.

Or you can try the mimedefang method referenced in the above FAQ.