[Mailman-Users] Search tool for Mailman Archives

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Thu Dec 9 13:49:47 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 2:29 AM, Liste Yoneticisi <listeyon at metu.edu.tr> wrote:
> In our system, there are more than 400 lists, and the size of their archives
> vary, since there are more than 10 years old lists addition to new lists.
>
> There are several alternatives.
> htdig, xapian etc.

If you find one that allows you to still use the mailman login system
so that only members of a list can view the archives, please let me
know.  I looked at a few archive searchers, but it appears they all
either make the list archives public, or you can do a htaccess thing
which will require you to change the password every time somebody
leaves the list and tell all the current members the new password,
etc.

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomblin
http://careers.stackoverflow.com/ptomblin