[Mailman-Users] Removing root from receiving bounces

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Tue Dec 21 22:12:07 CET 2010

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010, Rohler, Brian L wrote:

> My current setup is that we have a list of admins who administer our
> mailing lists. The problem I am having is there is also a list of users
> who receive email from a support@ address. The list of support@ users
> are getting tired of receiving EVERY bounced message that comes in. I
> don't mind the mailman list administrators receiving the bounces but I
> don't want my support@ users getting these bounce messages. How do I
> turn this off?

The support address must be listed as either a list owner or a list
moderator (see general settings).  Remove that address from whichever
field it appears in and it should stop, unless some other process is
relaying mail to some other address on to the support address.

Geoff.