[Mailman-Users] Mailman web interface - specify different IP:port?

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Wed Dec 22 21:31:02 CET 2010

On 2010-12-22 1:22 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Tanstaafl wrote:
>>
>> How would I go about specifying a different IP:port for the mailman
>> web interface?
>>
> [...]
>>
>> But I'd like to specify a redirect to a specific URL, namely:
>>
>> https://lists.example.com:#####
>>
>> Where/how do I go about doing this?

> You don't want to redirect to a different URL or port. Doing so will
> lose the data from POST transactions and break the Mailman web
> interface.

Hmmm... so, is 4.29 - which says otherwise (and which is referenced from
the FAQ you pointed me to below)- no longer valid?

http://wiki.list.org/x/7oA9

> You want to set DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN and possibly PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL in
> mm_cfg.py so that all Mailman generated URLs contain the port.
>
> I.e., the defaults for these are
>
> DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
> PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'http://%(hostname)s/pipermail/%(listname)s'
>
> and you would put
>
> DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s:pppp/mailman/'
> PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'http://%(hostname)s:pppp/pipermail/%(listname)s'
>
> in mm_cfg.py where pppp is the desired port. Then you need to run
> fix_url to update the lists as in
>
>  bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url
>
> See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/gIA9>.

I did this, but the pages don't work... when I try to visit the correct
URL, it tries to connect, but looks like some kind of looping going on,
then I finally get a 'The connection was reset' error...

Any ideas?