[Mailman-Users] Only allowing certain users to send to a mailinglist

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 27 22:17:56 CET 2010

Brian Luria wrote:

>I have created some lists and I only want a certain short list of users to
>be allowed to send to these lists - and these users are not necessarily
>members of these lists.
>
>What is the simplest way to do this? boolean somehow with sender filters?

Set all users moderated and set default_member_moderation to Yes.
Set member_moderation_action and member_moderation_notice appropriately.

Then you have two choices:

Set moderation off for those allowed posters who are list members and
add the non members or an appropriate regexp to
accept_these_nonmembers, or

leave everyone moderated and provide the allowed posters with the list
moderator password and let them post with an Approved: <password>
header or first line pseudo-header.