[Mailman-Users] User unknown in virtual mailbox table

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 30 02:42:34 CET 2010

Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

>i can see that in /etc/mailman/aliases that there are those mail lists
>aliases but i could not find any virtual_mailman file

If your list mail domain is local in Postfix, all you need is
alias_maps. If it is not local in Postfix, as indicated by the "User
unknown in virtual mailbox table" error, you need to add

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['mydomain.com.my']

to Mailman's mm_cfg.py where mydomain.com.my is your actual list mail
domain. Then run Mailman's bin/genaliases and it should create
virtual-mailman and virtual-mailman.db.