[Mailman-Users] Possible Bug in 2.1.13 sync_members

Barry Finkel b19141 at anl.gov
Tue Feb 2 20:19:33 CET 2010

I think I may have uncovered a bug in Mailman 2.1.13.  I have not
completed my research.  I have a script that refreshes the subscriber
list via:

/usr/lib/mailman/bin/sync_members -w=no -g=no -d=no -a=no \
     -f /etc/mailman/generated_lists/LISTNAME LISTNAME



is a file that contains a possibly updated mailing list.  In that file
there is a line:

     ssmith at example.com        (XYZ, 012345, Smith, S.A. (Sam))

and after I run the sync_members, every line below this one is
ignored; the e-mail addresses in those lines are unsubscribed from
the list.  This has happened with two lists since I installed
Mailman 2.1.13 (replacing 2.1.11 - I never installed 2.1.12 in
production).  The third list that contains this e-mail address has
a different format:

     ssmith at example.com        (Smith, S.A. (Sam)      :012345)

and that list has no problems.  I have not yet checked for changes in
the sync_members source from 2.1.11 to 2.1.12 to 2.1.13.

I am running on Ubuntu dapper with packages I built from the SourceForge
source.  The only patches are

     1) one from Ubuntu to place files in the proper directories

     2) one from Mark Sapiro to allow multiple owner addresses on

Barry S. Finkel
Computing and Information Systems Division
Argonne National Laboratory          Phone:    +1 (630) 252-7277
9700 South Cass Avenue               Facsimile:+1 (630) 252-4601
Building 240, Room 5.B.8             Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov
Argonne, IL   60439-4828             IBMMAIL:  I1004994

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list