[Mailman-Users] Archive did not 'roll over' to 2010

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Feb 8 17:42:46 CET 2010

Jim Clauson, Breakthrough Systems wrote:

>My list has been running fine and archiving for 2+ years.  When we
>hit 2010 -- no more archives.
>
>Location:
>Archives: http://deming-network.org/pipermail/den.list_deming-network.org/
>Version:  2.1.12.cp3
>
>I have not seen anything on the Mailman site, nor in the GUI to resolve this.
>
>I have sent test messages and the distribution is working fine.  I
>have held the 30 or so postings - waiting to find an archive fix
>before I release them.

You say you are holding postings. Have any posts with 2010 dates
actually been delivered to the list?

I see in your December archive

 Last message date: Mon Dec 21 17:40:25 CST 2009
 Archived on: Mon Jan 4 04:13:14 CST 2010

Perhaps you approved some December messages on Jan 4 and expected to
see them in the January archive and have been holding messages ever
since.

>I am not a programmer, do not have command line access, do everything
>thru the GUI interface and do not have any access to the Pipermail
>directory where the archives reside.

In any case, if the above is not the issue, and the list's Archiving
Options -> archive setting is Yes, you will have to contact your
hosting provider as there is nothing more that can be done without the
kind of access that you don't have.