[Mailman-Users] Forcing users to enter real name in listinfo page subscribe

Hank van Cleef vancleef at lostwells.net
Sun Feb 14 20:06:28 CET 2010

I'm changing one of my mail lists in preparation for moving it to
another host which will be running Mailman with unmodified Python code
underlying.  One of my changes is to replace a custom listinfo page
which routes subscription requests outside Mailman to the standard
Mailman confirm-and-approve form.  We will be able to run with a
customized listinfo.html page.

The template listinfo.html line for entering the applicant's real name
is:

We would like to make that mandatory.  I can remove the (optional)
from the HTML, but is there a way in the HTML to make Mailman reject a
blank response?

Hank