[Mailman-Users] Warning: I/O Error While Trying To Byte-Compile

Beyer, Clay clay.beyer at nkadd.org
Tue Feb 23 17:42:12 CET 2010

Hello,

Have successfully set up a Debian server and installed and configured
Postfix and have been trying to integrate Mailman. I am receiving the
following errors during the apt-get install mailman process:

Warning: I/O Error While Trying To Byte-Compile
/usr/lib/mailman/bin/qmail-to-mailman.py (2): No such file or directory

Warning: I/O Error While Trying To Byte-Compile
/usr/lib/mailman/bin/postfix-to-mailman.py (2): No such file or
directory

Again, this is happening during install and it seems like the install is
failing or not completing properly. I have tried uninstalling and
reinstalling but continue to receive the same I/O errors. Can anyone
assist?

Thanks,

ClayB