[Mailman-Users] Please don't make me go to FAQ or lsit serv!!!

Gail Nunziata gail at brattleboroarts.org
Wed Feb 24 15:42:40 CET 2010

I hope someone can work with me directly, thank you.

I need to set a control so no one can reply to an entire list.  My lists are
served by Bluehost, but they tell me I have to deal with Mailman because you
handle my basic mailing lists.

Yesterday I sent out an email to one of my lists, and someone replied,
thinking it would just go to me, but it went to the whole group.  The whole
group then got embroiled in replies, comments, more replies, etc.  All of
this paralyzed my email, and I wasn't able to tell them to just stop.  There
are 622 on the list and when I tried to write to even one person, I rec'd an
error message that I had exceeded the 750 per hour.  Now a certain amount of
them want to be unsubscribed, which is fine, but I need to make sure this
doesn't happen again.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Gail

Gail Nunziata, Managing Director  802.254.1109

Brattleboro Arts Initiative & Latchis Corporation

50 Main Street   Brattleboro VT   05301

 <http://www.brattleboroarts.org> www.brattleboroarts.org
<http://www.latchis.com> www.latchis.com

Preserving the Latchis - Promoting the Arts