[Mailman-Users] Private archive nightmare with vhosts
wilson-ml at bubba.org
Sat Feb 27 15:52:17 CET 2010
On Feb 26, 2010, at 7:04 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> Brian Wilson wrote:
>>> There are a few things I noticed on my install today (Debian w/ Postfix).
>>> 1) rmlist doesnt work properly:
> Fixed by the attached patch.
>>> 2) Web locations are off...
>>> If i go to archives for a list: http://lists.example.com/pipermail/lists.example.com/test/, the html link that links to listinfo uses DEFAULT_URL_HOST instead of the urlhost for the list I'm on (link goes to http://DEFAULT_URL_HOST/mailman/listinfo/test).
> I'm not going to fix this. The problem occurs because the
> MailList.MailList.Create() method initializes web_page_url with
> DEFAULT_URL_HOST. It then calls the archiver to initialize the
> archives, and only after returning to the caller (bin/newlist or the
> create CGI) is web_page_url updated with the correct host name.
> It only affects the initial 'empty archive' page. the first post to the
> list will regenerate all the archive pages and the listinfo link will
> be correct.
> Fixing this properly is way too much work for too little benefit.
> I have published a Bazaar branch to lp:~msapiro/mailman/vhost
> <https://code.launchpad.net/~msapiro/mailman/vhost> which contains all
> the work I've done to date on this branch.
Thanks, Mark! I completely understand not fixing the 2nd issue. I'll give this a whirl and see how it goes.
More information about the Mailman-Users