[Mailman-Users] Mailman suddendly stops sending any emails

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Feb 27 16:30:01 CET 2010

Andy Smith wrote:

>Turns out the issue was no mail was set for all the users in the list,
>possibly relating to the bounce handling. Im struggle to understand
>what is bouncing what to cause this, is it mailman get undeliverable
>mail errors or what (I have no reason to believe mailman has any issue
>delivering mail to any of the members)

If the user's were disabled by bounce processing, there would be [B]
for the reason next to the check in the 'nomail' column in the web
admin Membership List pages.

There will be more information in Mailman's 'bounce' log. Also, if the
notifications are turned on on the web admin Bounce processing, the
list owner should have received a notice for each member whose
delivery was disabled by bounce containing the triggering bounce
notice (DSN).

See <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/reset_bounce.py> (mirrored at
<http://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/reset_bounce.py>) for a script
to mass re-enable the bounce disabled member deliveries.