[Mailman-Users] Setting up redundant mailing lists in OS X SnowLeopard.

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Fri Jan 1 20:49:50 CET 2010

JRC Groups wrote:

> Is there a way to set-up user preferences so that every user can have its
> subscription set to either receive or block attachments ? This would make
> things a lot easier and allow me to address this issue very easily.

It might be easier to achieve with user education. Many 'modern' mail
clients can be configured to automatically (or not) download attachments and
whether (or not) to display images.  I know Thunderbird does this, and IIRC
outlook will, too.  And, of course, web mail generally doesn't download
anything (except images, that's usually configurable) until someone clicks
on the link.

z!