[Mailman-Users] unsubscribing addresses from domain in one fellswoop?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jan 5 02:25:03 CET 2010

Christopher Adams wrote:

>A spammer has subscribed completely unique addresses from the same domain to
>many of the mailing lists that we host. Is there a way to unsubscribe
>everything from this domain without writing a script that will do it?

If you mean 'automatically' as opposed to just manually going through
the lists and unsubscribing addresses, no. However, there are lots of
very simple scripts. Consider

#!/bin/sh
for list in `bin/list_lists --bare`; do
    bin/list_members $list | grep example.com | \
    bin/remove_members -f - -n -N $list
done

where example.com is the domain.