[Mailman-Users] List is too moderated. :-(

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Fri Jan 8 00:08:59 CET 2010

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010, John Fitzsimons wrote:

>> I don't know if CPanel have futzed with that, never having used their
>> bastardization.
>
> Well, not everyone is a unix expert. I need to use CPanel.

The point is that CPanel include their own version of Mailman with changes
that they've not released back to the community, and therefore only other
CPanel users can really comment authoritatively on CPanel Mailman
installations as regular users don't know what CPanel have changed.

> I have list membership set at "Require approval" but once someone has
> become a subscriber I want their emails to go to the list without my
> getting an email that says...
>
> As list administrator, your authorization is requested for the
> following mailing list posting:
>
>    List:    xxxx
>    From:    xxxxxx
>    Subject: xxxxxxx
>    Reason:  Posting to a moderated newsgroup
>
> At your convenience, visit:.....
>
> Does anyone here know how to let subscribers post without getting that
> notice please ? Using CPanel.

Maybe it's the same way as in the regular version (i.e. Privacy
Options/Sender Filters/Default Member Moderation.

> I am beginning to think that my setting the list to "moderated" means
> that even subscribers are moderated. That isn't what I wanted.

Correct, that's what it means.

> If I set the list to un-moderated then will non members be able to
> post ?

No.  This is influenced by the Default Non-member Action item on the same
page (Privacy/Sender Filters).

> If non members will NOT be able to post then where on
> CPanel can I change things to un-moderated please ?

I'd check the above first.  The other place it could be is if you've
activated Emergency List Moderation which I think is on the General
Options page.

HTH,
Geoff.