[Mailman-Users] many "Subscription disabled" messages after movinglist to new server

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jan 13 04:16:01 CET 2010

Andrew Watson

>The old server had essentially the same bounce options as the new.
>It was mailman 2.1.5, and I see many probe messages in the bounce log.
>Maybe you are right about the VERPed probe.

If there weren't any "disabling due to probe bounce received" messages
in the log, only "sending LISTNAME list probe to" messages, then the
bounced probes weren't being properly returned to the list-bounces
address, and members were never getting delivery disabled and never
getting removed.

Their scores just got incremented to threshold and were then reset when
the probe was sent to start the process all over again.