[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Gmane ?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Jan 19 16:57:33 CET 2010

John Fitzsimons writes:

 > Then I got the next Gmane email...
 >
 > "You are now authorized to post to the
 > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx newsgroup." etc.
 >
 > I shouldn't have got that second email, or had my newsgroup post
 > forwarded to the newsgroup.

 > Can anyone here suggest where the problem may be please ?

List membership is easy to spoof anyway.  The only way to control
traffic to your list is to moderate it.

 > As well as to suggest a way to fix it please ?

Moderate the GMane subscription.

 > So it "appears" to be setup correctly.
 >
 > Can anyone here help me with this please ?

GMane has a bad reputation around here for not respecting the wishes
of list owners.  It's very convenient for your users, but if you allow
GMane to gateway to your list, you are at their mercy.

I don't have strong anti-GMane feelings myself; I consider it a
valuable service to my lists.