[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Gmane ?

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Thu Jan 21 12:07:35 CET 2010

On Thursday 21 January 2010, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> The only control you have is to use Mailman filters on incoming posts.
> Until somebody tells us what headers Gmane provides to identify
> itself, we can only guess at what might work.

Seems to be the most consistently used. I found examples in my personal
archives of a gated list going back as far as 2003. Googling the header
gets hits as recent as last month so it is still in use.

They also add an, X-Complaints-To: header in the form of
Where 'something' can be main, sea, or ger.

Also various path headers and usually a message ID. None of these seem
consistant enough to use for filtering.
--
William