[Mailman-Users] Mailman on multiple web and mail servers

Guy wyldfury at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 17:45:49 CET 2010

Hi,

I've been going through the archives and I've picked up bits and pieces of
the information I need, but in most cases NFS is discussed.
I've got 5 Ubuntu servers, 2 postfix mail gateways (MXs for all our domains)
and 3 apache web servers. All of those have access to an ISCSI SAN with
OCFS2 partitions.

Ideally I'd like to have the mail section running on both gateways
(potentially more than just the 2 in the near future) and the web interface
available from any of the web servers. This is more for availability than
performance.
Should separate installations of the web section on each web server be fine
or is there shared information needed there?
And since I'm using a clustered fs, would I still need to slice up the
qfiles directory structure for the mail section?

Or would having the entire mailman installation on shared storage and
individual apache/postfix configs per machine be the way to go?

Any other suggestions or advice about this would be greatly appreciated as
well.

Thanks
Guy

--