[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Gmane ?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Jan 22 06:31:24 CET 2010

Mark Sapiro writes:

 > This is all irrelevant. Since the posts from Gmane are arriving via the
 > NNTP gateway, no membership tests whatsoever are applied to the post -
 > no list member, no moderation, no *_these_nonmembers.

Are you sure?  The way I read

	by panda.hostingbay.net with esmtps (TLSv1:AES256-SHA:256)
	(Exim 4.69) (envelope-from <gcf-listname at m.gmane.org>)
	id 1NXp0a-0004MT-1K
	for listname at mydomain; Thu, 21 Jan 2010 15:51:11 +1100

is that it's coming in by SMTP, not via NNTP.

In the post as John receives it, we have