[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Gmane ?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Jan 22 16:42:25 CET 2010

Mark Sapiro writes:

 > > > Hopefully Gmane waits for the reply to the list email before it
 > > > "accepts" the post.
 > >
 > >I'm not sure what you're asking,
 >
 > I think what John wants to happen is the following. Whether it actually
 > works this way or not, I don't know, but I think it might.
 >
 > - User posts via NNTP to Gmane list.
 > - Gmane accepts the message and mails it to Mailman but does not add it
 > to its archive at this point. This is what John wants.

You, sir, are a genius.  I *never* would have guessed that from the
word "accept" (even in quotes :-).

 > Eventually, we'll find out if it works. I suspect it does,

I do too, because larsi is not an idiot.  I have to imagine that like
99% of messages that get moderated into oblivion are spam.  Gmane
doesn't want their archives filled with that crap, so they'll archive
from the moderated stream.

This is starting to look pretty good, actually.  We can hope that this
solution will serve John until MM3 goes "gold" (with an NNTP server :-9.