[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Gmane ?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jan 22 20:25:26 CET 2010

Geoff Shang wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Jan 2010, John Fitzsimons wrote:
>
>> I would like to know how to access the archive file so that I can
>> delete it by FTP. I cannot however find it ! Maybe my web hoster
>> has somehow made the directory invisible ?
>
>Mailman files are usually put somewhere other than in your hosting area.
>This is because there's probably one installation of Mailman for all
>users.  And even though the URL is YourDomain/mailman... the /mailman part
>of the URL is probably being mapped to files elsewhere on your provider's
>host.

Sorry. I missed the above query. This is covered in the cPanel FAQ
<http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9>. Mailman's files are in
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/

Archives in particular are in
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/

If your FTP session is not chrooted to your own home directory or some
other limitation, you chould be able to find them.