[Mailman-Users] FW: [#ZPK-731315]: Mailing list constantly rejecting a member email - please assist

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Wed Jan 27 02:29:46 CET 2010

Hi,

Putting this back on the list.

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, John Grivas (wotsnext) wrote:

> Hi Geoff
>
> The following is the error message received:
>
> --------
> This email has been automatically rejected because you are not a
> member of the redfurina-owner at shnc.org.au mailing list.

This looks very odd to me, though others may see some logical reason why
the -owner bit is at the end of the list name.

> If you would like to post a message to this mailing list, please
> forward your original email to tim at shnc.org.au
>
> From: "John Grivas (wotsnext)" <john at wotsnext.com.au>
> Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:47:20 +1100
> To: <redfurina at shnc.org.au>
> Subject: Testting 27.1
> --------
>

> But I have since 'deleted' the list redfurina at shnc.org.au and when I send
> the email, I still get a bounce. So it must be hitting an old configuration
> of the list.

Maybe a stupid question.  Did you say you've got two hosts involved in
your domain?  If so, which one is handling the mail?  If it's the one that
used to have the lists, did you properly clean out the lists from where
they used to be?

Geoff.