[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Gmane ?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jan 27 14:57:44 CET 2010

John Fitzsimons wrote:

>There appears to be a problem here. I get an error. Here is what
>happened..
>
>C:\>mailman-subscribers.py -c http://domain listname_domain
>password

That is not correct. The first argument is just the host name (domain)
without any http://

>The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

That error doesn't come from the script. The error you should get from
the script is:

Error accessing
http://http://domain/mailman/admin/listname_domain/members
Supplied host may be incorrect or you may need to specify --url_path.

Try running the command as:

python mailman-subscribers.py -c domain listname_domain password

>Also, I don't suppose that there is a script to collect all the
>"customising" that one has done with a mailing list is there ?

It's called bin/config_list, but you probably can't run it in cPanel.
If you mean a script analagous to mailman-subscribers.py that will get
the information via the web interface, I'm not aware of any.