[Mailman-Users] Mailman bounce counters and delivery of spam

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sun Jan 31 16:44:14 CET 2010

Albert ARIBAUD writes:

 > Regarding your suggestion of better spam detection at the earliest
 > stage, I agree wholeheartedly. But while I might be able to suggest
 > mailman settings to the list owner, heavier actions such as changing the
 > spam detection methods in place on the list are out of question.

Well, it might be possible in cases of repeated spam to add rules to
the mailman spam checker.

If not, or that's not timely enough, it's too bad, because I suspect
that to get treatment of 5xx statuses changed based on the DSN text
you'll need to hack the source and restart Mailman (Python will
automatically recompile out-of-date .pycs, so you don't need to worry
about rebuilding Mailman).  But that sounds like a heavier action too.

Don't lose hope yet, though, I'm not authoritative on this, I just
seem to remember that to the the case.