[Mailman-Users] filtering based on message content

Russell Clemings rclemings at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 19:34:22 CEST 2010

I've had a request from the boss to filter incoming messages to some of our
lists based on the message content. Specifically, the request is to hold all
messages containing the third of George Carlin's seven words (and presumably
by extension also the sixth), which a couple of our subscribers seem to find
suitable for use in any context.

My first thought, not contradicted by a quick FAQ search, was that there's
no way Mailman can do this on its own, at least without hacking core,
because it's not scanning the whole message. My second thought was that Spam
Assassin could be set to flag the offending messages; Mailman is already set
to hold messages that have the spam flag set. But that seems like kind of a
kludge.

Actually, I take that back. My first thought was to just ban the offenders.
But that's not going to fly.

Any other ideas?

rac