[Mailman-Users] Is there a way to change the template files

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jul 8 00:08:42 CEST 2010

Lists wrote:

>So instead of the ones being text to make them html?  I have a client
>asking and I cannot find a way to do that.  Ideas?
>
>Example, the verify.txt, subscribeack.txt,  etc. into verify.html and
>subscribeack.html.  They are processed them as and that is not what I
>want.

You would need to modify the source code to do this.

Without modifying code, if you create a list or domain or even a site
modified template per the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9> and
name it verify.html or subscribeack.html, it will simply not be found
and the default template will be used.

If you create an edited list or domain or site template named
verify.txt or subscribeack.txt and containing HTML, it will still be
sent in a plain text email message so will appear as the raw HTML, not
rendered.

You would need to modify the code that uses the template to create a
message with MIME Content-Type: text/html, as well as creating the
HTML template.