[Mailman-Users] Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtualmailbox table

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Fri Jul 9 15:34:36 CEST 2010

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010, franc walter wrote:

> Oh yes, this is not clear to me. I don't understand where the file:
>
> /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman
>
> should come from. Have i to build it?

This is built by the /usr/lib/mailman/bin/genaliases script, providing you
have Mailman configured correctly.

> I changed my postfix-main.cf from:
>
> virtual_alias_maps =
> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-alias-maps.cf,mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-email2email.cf
>
> to:
>
> virtual_alias_maps =
> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-alias-maps.cf,mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-email2email.cf,hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

This looks right to me.

> And i put into my mm_cfg.py this (i restartet mailman and postfix after):
>
> POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['example.org', 'example2.org']

This also looks right.  Try running genaliases.

Geoff.