[Mailman-Users] Is Mailman right for us?

Brian Carpenter brian at emwd.com
Wed Jul 21 17:55:13 CEST 2010

[mailto:mailman-users-
> bounces+brian=emwd.com at python.org] On Behalf Of Alison Epstein
> Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 5:12 AM
> To: mailman-users at python.org
> Subject: [Mailman-Users] Is Mailman right for us?
>
> Hello,
>
> We're considering using Mailman for our organization's listservs. But
> I'm having trouble finding a demo to try or some screen snapshots so
> that I can even determine if this is the right software for us.
>
> I need something for our discussion lists. (We also have announce-only
> lists.)
>
> The discussion lists ideally would have an archive that is accessible.
>
> Also, some of our lists need to have the ability to have multiple
> "moderators / posters" who may or may not be list subscribers. For
> instance, we have staff in Jerusalem & Chicago. We have mailing lists
> for each office, but all staff members can post to either list. For
> example: A Jerusalem staff member can send a message that only the
> Chicago staff will receive.
>
> Can you point me to a demo to try or a good place to find these answers?
>
> Thanks so much in advance,
> Alison Epstein
>

> ----------------------------------
>
> Sign up for The Melton Israel Seminar - The Ultimate On-Site Learning
> Experience
>
> Alison Epstein
> FMAMS web-content coordinator
> aepstein at fmams.org.il

Hi Alison:

Mailman includes archiving that can be set for public or private viewing.
You can also setup non-members to have the ability to post to a list that
they are not a member of. Mailman also supports multiple moderators.

We have some screenshots of mailman setup at
http://www.emwd.com/mailman_screenshots/.

I am not sure if you are planning on setting this up in-house but I would
like to invite you to view our mailman service at
http://www.emwd.com/mailman.html. Please let me know if we can be of service
to your organization. If you would like we could setup a demo list for you
to try out.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Brian Carpenter