[Mailman-Users] Require approval for new requests

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jun 10 17:59:21 CEST 2010

Schwartz, Robert - IS wrote:

>How do you make the List Monitor require approval before a new request for access can be granted.  It does not seem to work the way I thought.  The user gets a confirmation email and they can get access without the List Monitor approving it.

It you are asking how to require moderator approval for someone to join
the list, set Privacy options... -> Subscription rules ->
subscribe_policy to either 'Require approval' or 'Confirm and approve'.

'Require approval' requires moderator approval only and 'Confirm and
approve requires confirmation by the user first followed by moderator
approval.

If you are asking how to require moderator approval for a member's
posts, set the members 'mod' flag and be sure Privacy options... ->
Sender filters -> member_moderation_action is Hold.

You can do this for all members under 'Additional Member Tasks' on the
Membership Management... -> Membership List page. To moderate new
member by default, set Privacy options... -> Sender filters ->
default_member_moderation to Yes.