[Mailman-Users] Request to remove message from Digest and Archive

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jun 14 16:51:22 CEST 2010

David Devereaux-Weber wrote:

>One of my list subscribers inadvertently sent a private message to the
>list.  Subscriber asked that message be removed from both the digest
>and the archive. How is that accomplished?

If the digest has not yet been sent, you can remove the post from
lists/LISTNAME/digest.mbox. An easy way to do this is to open the mbox
with mutt

  mutt -f /path/to/lists/LISTNAME/digest.mbox

and just delete the message.

To remove the message from the archive, see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/2YA9>.