[Mailman-Users] Removing Moderator Approval

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jun 19 17:33:46 CEST 2010

Greg Zilberfarb wrote:

>I've looked and looked and can't find the answer to this.  I am the
>volunteer webmaster for my homeowners association and run about 50 lists.
>They all come to me for moderator approval!
>

>I want to totally eliminate moderator intervention and let the emails fly as
>they may from list members and non-members alike.

If messages are being held for reason "Post to moderated list", set
Privacy options... ->Sender filters -> default_member_moderation to No
so new members won't be moderated by default, then go to Membership
Management... -> Membership List -> Additional Member Tasks and set
everyone's moderation bit Off.

If messages are being held for reason "Post by non-member to a
members-only list" set Privacy options... ->Sender filters ->
generic_nonmember_action to Accept.

If messages are being held for some other reason, what's the reason?