[Mailman-Users] public/private listinfo pages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jun 22 22:06:26 CEST 2010

Michael Anderson wrote:
>I have several lists on the same server, all with the same domain
>name. I currently have a public "listinfo" page which displays only
>selected lists that have the "advertise" option enabled.
>How can I set up a second private (protected with .htaccess) page
>which shows all of the lists?

You could create an other/ directory on your server and put your
.htaccess and a symlink (named say listinfo) to
$prefix/cgi-bin/listinfo in that directory. Then you could modify the
the following section of the definition of listinfo_overview() in
$prefix/Mailman/listinfo.py from

    for name in listnames:
        mlist = MailList.MailList(name, lock=0)
        if mlist.advertised:
            if mm_cfg.VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW and \

to something like

    for name in listnames:
        mlist = MailList.MailList(name, lock=0)
        if mlist.advertised or (
            if mm_cfg.VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW and \

and add the appropriate ScriptAlias to the web server so that
http://www.example.com/other/listinfo will invoke your symlink.