[Mailman-Users] Is there any log mark between Mailman and Postfix?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jun 23 19:15:05 CEST 2010

On 6/23/2010 9:23 AM, alexander at nautae.eti.br wrote:

> It's almost done, but I've found that there's more than one anouncement
> with the same message_id in Mailman 'post' log file.
>
> Is that normal? What exactly happened? Is that means that the sender put
> all the address in "To:" email field and Mailman recognized that as a
> just one 'message'?

Not Mailman, but yes, that's correct. The sender sent one message with
multiple lists as recipients, thus there was only one message-id. The
incoming MTA delivered the message to each of the Mailman list
recipients, and each delivered message was the same message with the
same message-id and this is reflected in the post log entries.

In this case, you will be able ultimately to determine the final
recipients and dispositions from the Postfix log, you won't know which
recipient belongs to which list(s).