[Mailman-Users] Block reply to all

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat May 1 23:54:03 CEST 2010

On 5/1/2010 2:27 PM, Schwartz, Robert - IS wrote:
> That seems to be the issue.  When I looked at the email from my work
> email I saw the header text that was added, but my message was added
> as an attachment.  I like the header text to be added and the message
> not to appear as an attachment.  If there is no way to do this, I'll
> just live with it.

As it says in the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/84A9> (option 2), if
the incoming post is plain text only or if the list's content filtering
is set to remove all non-plain text parts, the msg_header text will be
prepended to the plain text message body. Otherwise the msg_header text
will be added as a separate MIME part (attachment).

I may seem obtuse about this, but it would help me to help you if you
explained in terms of simple scenarios what it is you want.

For example, user x sends a post to list y. user z receives the post
from the list.

a) I want user z to only be able to reply to user x and otherwise to be
required to send a new, original, non-reply message to the list, or
b) I want user z to be able to reply to user x only or to the list only,
but not to both, or
c) I want user z to be able to reply only to the list and not directly
to user x at all.

Those are only examples, but I would like to know what you would like to
have happen.