[Mailman-Users] What is the best way to move Mailman 2.1.9 toanther server?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed May 5 16:20:33 CEST 2010

Wang, Mary Y wrote:

>I'm currently running Mailman 2.1.9 on a server with a very old OS.  What is the best way to move/migrate Mailman 2.1.9 to a newer server with a newer OS?   Could I just copy files over?  Or do I need to reinstall/reconfigure again for the new server?

I recommend downloading and installing Mailman 2.1.13 on the new server
(see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/pYA9> for some Python caveats)
and then just copying Mailman's lists/ and archives/private/
directories and running check_perms. archives/public will take care of
itself as lists are accessed. See the lists posts linked from the
first part of the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/2oA9> for more.