[Mailman-Users] mailman-loop and exim

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon May 17 19:21:42 CEST 2010

Roger Lynn wrote:

> The equivalent in Debian is
>
> mailman-loop: /var/lib/mailman/data/owner-bounces.mbox
>
> However Debian's default Exim configuration doesn't allow delivery to
> files in /etc/aliases. The "Debian way" to do this would be to create an
> Exim router and transport pair which would have the appropriate
> permissions to deliver to the file.

There is nothing that requires this mail to be delivered directly to
that or any other file. You could just as well put

mailman-loop: root

or any other deliverable local address in /etc/aliases. Also, as I
touched on in my other reply, if the owner of the 'mailman' list is an
always deliverable local address, there will never be any legitimate
mail to mailman-loop.