[Mailman-Users] Determine whether a message is sent to a particular user

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Thu May 27 21:47:57 CEST 2010

On 27-May-2010, at 11:49, Hung Phan wrote:

> A user reports that she did not receive an emergency message that was sent to a list of 819 members with one member marked as no mail, yesterday. According to smtp log, the message sent out to 813 recipients of that list on May 25, 2010 10:39:40. Within the next 5 minutes, this message re-send to 15 members of the list ( according to post log, no message is posted to this list or any other lists for 60 minutes after this message)
> Will we able to determine exactly whether the message is indeed sent to her account (hotmail account)? Will we able to determine the 15 members that the message re-send to?

1) You will have to look at the maillog on the mailserver to see the message sent and accepted by hotmail (I can pretty much guarantee that hotmail accepted the message).

2) If anyone is counting on hotmail to deliver critical emails they are complete and total morons. Hotmail is *not* reliable and often discards messages with no notice to the receiver.

--
I have seen galaxies die. I have watched atoms dance. But until I had
the dark behind the eyes, I didn't know the death from the dance. --The