[Mailman-Users] Redundant Mailman servers

John Wingenbach mm at wingenbach.org
Tue Nov 9 19:55:24 CET 2010

Hi,

I am trying to set up redundant/parallel mailman servers.  In order to
accomplish this, I will have 3 servers which run mailman on them.  One
server at a time will be determined to be the "admin" point.  However,
all three will enable distributing email to the pertinent lists.
Obviously, archival of the mail to the lists is not enabled or supported.

ADMINSERVER -> points to one of SERVERA, SERVERB or SERVERC
Email to the lists gets sent to any of SERVERA, SERVERB or SERVERC (MX
distributes to all 3 servers).
Configurations from ADMINSERVER are to be sync'd to the other 2 servers.

The problem I am running into is that when I duplicate the lists to the
other servers, the lists which are "advertised" on the current admin
server do not show up as advertised.  However, config_list shows the
lists as advertised.  I am duplicating the following files across the
servers:

/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
/var/lib/mailman/lists/*

What am I missing such that /mailman/admin will display the same set of
advertised lists?

Thanks,
John