[Mailman-Users] Very simple content filtering

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Nov 11 01:58:33 CET 2010

BBands wrote:

>We are using Mailman 2.1.9. I'd like to be able to strip potentially
>dangerous attachments, exe, bat, scr and the like, while leaving
>virtually everything else about the message intact so that readers see
>the messages as the composers intended them, often in html with inline
>graphics and so forth. No combination of settings I have tried seems
>to accomplish this. What content filtering settings would you
>recommend?

If you want to filter only based on attachment file name extension, set

filter_content = Yes

filter_mime_types Empty

pass_mime_types Empty

filter_filename_extensions
 exe
 bat
 cmd
 com
 pif
 scr
 vbs
 cpl

(or what ever list you want)

pass_filename_extensions Empty

collapse_alternatives = No

convert_html_to_plaintext = No

filter_action As desired for messages that consist entirely of parts
with file names with the unwanted extension (it is not likely there
will be such messages and almost all messages have a text body with no
filename).