[Mailman-Users] Mailman - trouble creating a second list at an existing virtual host

Dean Suhr deansuhr at deansuhr.us
Tue Nov 30 02:45:47 CET 2010

First, please excuse me if my original post from yesterday posted several
times.  It appears Google sees my outgoing message as the same ID as the
returned list message and silently discards the incoming list message making
me thing it was never sent out ... and they have no config option to change
this behavior.  Arghhh!

Mark - thank you for your detailed response.  I must confess the obvious.  I
re-examined virtual-mailman and aliases files.  To my surprise the alias
entries were not in the virtual-mailman file - I could have sworn I checked
that carefully - but my lack of efficiency wit the command line must have
caught up with me. I manually created the entries in virtual-mailman and the
list is now functioning (delivering) properly.

Will I always have to manually post entries into virtual-mailman or is that
supposed to happen somewhere along the way?  Is there a terminal command
line I missed or could have run in addition to cause this to happen
automatically?

Thanks again - Dean