[Mailman-Users] how send newsletter without the from list-bounce

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Oct 22 09:35:17 CEST 2010

Juan Carlos Mendoza D'Arcy wrote:

>everytime i sent a newsletter i have the moderate bit for all user to
>avoid people send a message to all my list so when i sent a
>newsletter i have to accept it in the web interface of mailman but
>the email is sent from mylist-bounce at mydomain.com so how can i accept
>the message and the mail i sent to all my list only appears
>mylist at mydomain.com with out the -bounce

Please try to be more detailed and specific as to exactly what your
problem is. If you go to the web interface and accept the message, it
should be delivered to the list, so I don't understand the issue.

If you are trying to approve the message by replying to the held
message notice, you need to reply to the message/rfc822 attached part
which is From: LISTNAME-request at ... with Subject: confirm <token> so
your reply
goes to LISTNAME-request at ... with the same Subject:, but note that if
you just reply in that way, the message will be discarded. In order to
accept the message, you need to include an Approved: <password>
header, and if you are going to do that, you might as well just include
that in the original post so it isn't held in the first place.

You may find the FAQs at <http://wiki.list.org/x/3YA9> and
<http://wiki.list.org/x/RoA9> of interest.