[Mailman-Users] Unmodetate A Subscriber via Command Line?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Apr 11 17:56:47 CEST 2011

Barry Finkel wrote:

>I have a list where I build the list from an external file via
>cron.  I need to un-moderate those who are allowed to post.
>Obviously, I cannot use the web interface in the cron job
>to do the un-moderation.  Is there a CLI tool?  Thanks.

withlist is the all-purpose command line tool. See
http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/set_mod.py for a withlist script to do
what you want.

Alternatively, you could just give the authorized posters the list's
moderator password and let them post with an Approved: password header
or approve their own posts. This is much more secure (spoof proof)
than unmoderating the posters.