[Mailman-Users] Gmail Admin/Owner Notifications

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Apr 26 08:41:45 CEST 2011

On 4/25/2011 8:29 AM, L. James Prevo wrote:
> Having a weird issue with my mailman list.  I am using my gmail account as the list owner and moderator.
> When an email is sent to the list from someone else I get the email from the list just fine, the problem is when someone joins the list I am not getting any of the email notifications at all, not even in spam.
> I switched to a non-gmail email address and I then get the notifications just fine.  Very weird.
> Any help/suggestion?

This is reminiscent of the problem of the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/2IA9>, but it is not that problem. However, it
would seem to be a gmail issue of some sort.

If you have access to the MTA logs on the server directly or indirectly,
verify that the messages are sent to and accepted by gmail. If so, gmail
is discarding them for some reason. The FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/4oA9> may have useful information.